Call for Symposia
The Local Organizing Committee of the International Congress of Comparative Physiology and Biochemistry 2019 is actively working to organize an exciting meeting in Ottawa! It is with great pleasure that we now invite you to submit symposium proposals for the 10th ICCPB. Please refer to the following guidelines when preparing your proposals:
- Each member society of the International Association of Comparative Physiology and Biochemistry (IACPB) may propose up to 5 symposia.
- Non-member societies are also encouraged to submit proposals and to join the Association. Individuals may submit proposals directly to the ICCPB.
- Symposia will be allotted 2 h 30 min each.
- In keeping with the Association’s goal of bringing together international researchers, multiple organizers from different countries are recommended. Please consider a broad international contribution to each symposium.
- Symposia should feature four to five invited speakers in addition to speakers that will be selected from submitted abstracts.
- Each symposium should include a mix of established and early career researchers.
- Proposal format:
- Symposium title
- Organizers (names, titles, affiliations, e-mails, phone)
- A 300-word synopsis describing the symposium objectives and how it will contribute to the meeting.
- A tentative list of speakers (names, affiliations, e-mails) and tentative talk title/subject for each speaker. At this stage, the list of invited speakers does not need to be complete and confirmation of attendance from speakers is not required.
- To ensure fair coverage across the wide selection of specialties within our member societies, and to avoid redundancies, some of the proposed symposia will not be selected or may be only partly accommodated by combining them with others.
- We encourage symposium organizers to feature a range of approaches, covering the general theme of the congress: mechanisms and evolutionary processes.
- The above information should be e-mailed as an attached file (one page per symposium in .doc, .rtf, or .pdf format) to the address given below.
- The deadline for proposal submission is January 15th 2018..
Please note that the IACPB does not have regular sources of income and the participating societies do not provide financial contributions to IACPB. Therefore, the IACPB does not, as a rule, offer fee waivers to session organizers. Instead, it is expected that the individual symposia will receive support directly from their societies. Should the conference result in a net positive revenue after we have met all of our costs and financial commitments, travel grants will be offered out of this surplus. However, this cannot be guaranteed at the present time.
We also welcome proposals for plenary lecture speakers. The proposal should include the name of the speaker, their contact information, the tentative subject of their talk, and a short justification of the nomination.
We look forward to receiving your proposals and hosting you in Ottawa!
Charles-A. Darveau President of IACPB; Chair, Local Organizing Committee
Jean-Michel Weber Chair, Scientific Program Committee
Local Organizing Committee e-mail: email@example.com
List of current IACPB member societies and their delegates
ANZSCPB Australia & New Zealand Society of CPB
APS/CEPS American Physiological Society, Comparative and Evolutionary Physiology Section
CSZ Canadian Society of Zoologists
DZG Deutsche Zoologische Gesellschaft
ESCPB European Society of CPB
JSCPB Japanese Society for CPB
SASCPB South American Society for CPB
SDP Societe de Physiologie
SEB Society for Experimental Biology
SICB/CPB Society for Integrative & Comparative Biology, Division of CPB